Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Pen and Paper Pathfinder

I am running Skulls and Shackles for the players on Tuesdays and as I am moving soon we have packed up much of the miniatures and terrain and what not so I decided to go full old school. It was not very difficult for me to get back into the swing of things as I ran that way for years and I still run this way when it comes to some games. The fun was the Pathfinder players who are usually so tactically oriented were able to focus more on their character interaction and less on the precision of their attacks. It was actually a lot of fun and as they fought the cyclops in the ruins they were pleased with the quick sequence of game play that was in part due to the fact that we were not using miniatures. The other added effect is everyone was paying more attention to what I said and really listened to the explanations I gave on their surroundings.

Here is the only shot of the game:

1 comment:

  1. Whoa. It looks like you are actually gaming instead of futzing over miniatures and terrain. Oh, I get it. It's a posed picture ;)

    ReplyDelete