Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Christian Gamers - Gifts

Continuing on the same vein as our last post I wanted to go further into the wonderful variety that God has made in this world.

If you recall we were discussing those who believe that our hobby is bad and I countered it with the seemingly obviousness of the other fantasy writers like CS Lewis and the fact that all good stories have a bad guy.

Well why is this?  If we look at the Fall we can see why we are so attracted to good vs evil stories.  We are attracted to these kinds of stories because they are our story.

God knows you. "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appoint you as a prophet to the nations." Jer 1:5

This is good news! God knows you. He knows me. Guess what else?

If you do not see God's purpose in others then perhaps theirs is not your purpose.  God created us with different abilities, interests, and talents.  When we received Grace and accepted the great.commission we recieved different gifts from the indwelling of the Spirit. "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms." 1 Peter 4:10.

So you see?  We have different gifts even as gamers!  Our God loves diversity!  This means that we are all different. No one in the universe will ever be exactly like you. Persue your interests and use your gifts to serve God. Pray for your group and love each other.

God Bless
Rob

3 comments:

  1. God bless your efforts but James 2 chapter is more to my speed.

    Tim Riley Founder
    James217
    (are you a Jame. I am.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love James and will most assuradley use his words to good effect soon! We spend a lot of time studying this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we need to talk about your own James 217 group Individual Empowerment for Community advancement

      Delete