Monday, April 30, 2012

Cthulhu or Burst

Friday night my friends Dan and Jess joined Mel and I for some Arkham Horror.  The Elder one pulled was Nyarlthotep which uses the Mask minions and has cultists with the Endless ability.  As dark fate would have it we mostly ended up fighting Bloated Women, Fire Vampires and cultists. I also got to use my new Arkham Horror boardgame miniatures that come prepainted specifically for the game.  We didn't do to bad and although we never found an elder sign we did manage to seal off four of the  six portals before he woke up and ate the world. The Terrible Experiment card and the clean up cards were against us though and we lost to the great old one in the end. Still I wouldn't mind a rematch.




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun game. I have been thinking about picking up a copy of it for the house. I think my kids would love it (13 and 16).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of fun. The game is a cooperative boardgame that plays like a rpg. Richard and Kevin did a fantastic job with how creatures move and the cards interact.

      Delete