Saturday, October 8, 2011

Mansions of Madness - Fall of House Lynch II

We played another game of Mansions of Madness Arkham Horror and I was once again the keeper. This time my friends Dan and Jessica were over. They are the new couple to our gaming group and we've really been enjoying playing games with them so far. So to setup we had dinner and then watched Female's Armor Sucks and the Gamers . Both of them are hilarious and if you haven't seen them go check them out.

On to the game then. This time around I selected the same objectives but changed them all up to Bs instead of mixing them. The Investigators were once again hired to find out what happened to Mr Lynch and in the process try to not go mad or be chopped to death by maniacs or have their faces eaten off by zombies.

All-in-all I think everyone had a good time. I am learning rather quickly that it is very difficult for the keeper to keep the objective from the players once the event cards start getting toward the bottom of the deck. Even still though they allow for other means for the keeper to win. We actually called it early because I did some counting and figured out that the players were about to win because there was no way I was going to get the last sample on the alter and summon the shaggoth in time to get out of the front door. Unfortunately I did not realize that the players had not found clue 1b which they needed in this particular instance. At any rate not to spoil to much but this time there was no shaggoth on the roof.

Some highlights of the game were my wife kicking butt with the puzzles and both my wife and Jess kicking the butts of the monsters. Of course I really liked playing the insanity (trama) cards on Jess and had a great time playing mythos cards to keep the players off their feet. The doors slamming shut, lights going out and things looking at you from the darkness are all staples of horror and well built into this game.

Thank you to Dan and Jess for coming out and sharing our company!

No comments:

Post a Comment