- Having recently overcome a severe water shortage a small town is grateful for the arrival of a man with a water cart but as the healing liquid is delivered many fall ill and die of a mysterious disease.
- The players are relaxing at the village enjoying some much-needed downtime when the local well runs dry. Luckily, a man named Hasluos has came and has brought a water cart with him.
- The players are asked by the town to find the source of the plague and destroy it if possible. The man Hasluos is only happy to help and mentions that he saw a group of goblins just outside of town.
- As you would expect it is the water merchant is the culprit. He is a tiefling named Soulash and a cancermage (Book of Vile Darkness).
- The town means nothing to him but the horrible deaths of the people are his petition to Orcus for more power.
- He hopes to obtain a demon stone for his work in the town. With it he would be able to control most of the surrounding countryside.
- The goblins are a red herring but may be fun to beat up anyway. 10x goblins Monster Manual.
- Hasluos (Soulash) lvl 7 mage 3 cancer mage. His favored spells are ones that make the victim feel like they are drowning or dying of thirst.