- The local Brujah sheriff Rahmen has been found dead in his home laying on his favorite recliner with a stake in his chest. The Brujah blame the Ventrue prince Maxwellian Pegasus. The prince claims it was the Sabbot. Your coterie has been tasked by the Brujah Archon to get to the bottom of the mess.
- Each group is eager to see justice done. The Brujah want the prince removed and call for a blood hunt the Archon wants to investigate more carefully. The player’s job is to uncover the truth.
- As the party investigates, they find several red herrings that point to the prince being the ones who killed sheriff Rahmen. Most notably a packet of matches left at the scene from the prince’s casino Odyssey.
- The players can visit any number of local establishments and question any who were close to the sheriff.
- There were no witnesses but one Lasombra may hold the key.
- The Brujah whip Irene killed Rahmen because he cheated on her with the Seneschal Jen. A Lasombra named Ronnie who owns a motel outside town where the couple conducted their nighttime affair may hold the key.
- It is actually in Irene’s best interests for the prince to be blamed because she would replace him as prince.
- Brujah Whip (Irene), Brujah Gangers x5, Venture Seneschal (Jen), Lasombra (Ronnie)