Wednesday, August 31, 2011

OSR Challenge of September Short Adventurers

I have decided to take the challenge posted to me by Porky. I am participating in the OSR Challenge of September Short Adventurers. It breaks down to one super-short adventure every day for the entire month of September.

Since this is such a very large scale challenge I have decided to break up the campaign settings throughout the month and put some in the world of When the Navy Walked, some in Ravenloft, some in Forgotten Realms, one in Dragonlance, one in Darksun and some in the World of Darkness. This should be a heck of a journey! Enjoy!

I will be using the Get Ready, Get Set, Go adventure layout developed by AHP. Below is the format I will be using for all adventures.

(Title): A Get Ready, Get Set, Go! (Game System) adventure set in (Campaign Setting)
Fill out the title, what game system you are using and what, if any, campaign setting you're using.

Get Ready:
A short, two-sentences maximum situation description. It's your elevator pitch opportunity to tell us about your adventure.


Get Set:
Add more information here, including why the PCs are involved, more details on the situation, and some starting NPCs and why they are doing what they're doing.

Go!:
Here's where the PCs are getting to the meat of the problem. Include twists, turns and additional complications to the situation.

Notable NPCs:
Provide a detailed, yet short, NPC stat block. Include any special abilities as well as any notes for further play if the adventure is part of a continuing campaign.


5 comments:

  1. I hoped you'd join in and it's good to have you involved. The mix sounds great to me, and it's a smart way of keeping it fresh. As I'm finding out right now, 25 is a big number!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed well it should be fun at any rate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "OSR Challenge of September Short Adventurers."

    Hmmm... I thought it was for dwarves, gnomes, and halflings only.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joseph there will be fantasy etc in the blogs too but I am varying it some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joseph haha and oh wow because I JUST got.that. Yeah, it has been that kind of week.

    ReplyDelete