Thursday, August 11, 2011

Frozen Planet Boards

Yesterday I got a present from Brad over at Frozen Planet. I had him do these for me so I could get an idea of how he does things. I am VERY impressed! There are four 2'x2' boards that are about 1" thick. They are made of fiberglass and bar coating and are industrial strength. They are resistant to chipping unless dropped and are very sturdy. In the words of Brad "These boards could be used as flooring." They are somewhat heavy which helps them lay flatter on the surface of a table.

The boards area double sided. One side features Red Mars complete with red clay and hills, valleys and rifts and the other side features a gray crater landscape with green pools of liquid. I have to say I am very impressed and I will be using him to do some swamp boards, think Nurgle.








The boards themselves are balanced really well considering that they are double sided and Brad did a fine job of them. I did a double sided board though so that I could bring one set of boards to the gaming cons and not have to bring two. I would recommend that you only do one side normally.


What do you think?







2 comments:

  1. I think they look fabulous. The Mars especially has a very natural feel. The crater field has a different look than we're used to and it seems it would make a good change to play over it. It makes me think of the polluted ash waste of a hive world like Armageddon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Porky - Yeah I think that the Mars boards are really well done. He had the hive world/moon scape as a small display and I wanted a full 4x4 board for it. I have some adventures in space that I have to run on it now! I think it works well for 6mm too.

    ReplyDelete