Friday, February 18, 2011

History Channel - "Making History Everyday"

Is it just me or does anyone else who is a history buff and military enthusiast think that the History Channel should go back to Historical documentaries and movies? Their new slogan "Making History Everyday" is so on target with their programming that I find myself yearning for the old days of cable tv when SyFi was SciFi and you could get a good MST3K marathon on while watching WW2 on the History Channel instead of Pawn Stars or a bunch of truck drivers in Alaska.

7 comments:

  1. OMG YES!! I remember just last memorial day they had nothing on about any military history. Plus, I'm not much of a reality show type of person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it! And the only other shows seem to be about 2012 and Nostradamus. Its really a let down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! The channel has become a joke in my mind because half of what they put on is just goofy entertainment with no historical significance at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the same people that brought out that dread awefull PC game "glory of Rome"....then they kept repackaging it and re-leasing it under different titels...swines.
    If i want history facts I certainly wouldn´t use the "history" channel
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a shadow of it's former self, just like MTV
    without the music!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The History Channel is no longer worth watching. History International is marginally better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Baronzemo - I am not sure why they decided to change their programming to reality shows.

    @Andrew - It is. There are the occasional good shows but even they pale in comparison to say something like Victory in the Pacific. It is the difference between Tora Tora Tora and Pearl Harbor with Ben Affleck.

    @Paul - WOW That explains so much about that game. I did not know that History released it.

    @Don - It is barely a shadow. I hope that HI brings something other than PC "why can't we all be friends" programming.

    @Miniature - How so?

    ReplyDelete