Monday, March 22, 2010

Parroom Station Celephid Tripods

I have been painting on my pair of personal tripod walkers from Parroom Station miniatures. The piece itself is a very nice model of a celephid personal walker with a death-ray.  The creature is set at the top of a mostly-closed cockpit where it sits at the controls, using its extended tentacles to squeeze the trigger on the death ray.  Although this miniature is 28mm I intend on using it with both my 28mm and my 15mm victorian science fiction and my 28mm pulp games. I used a thick drybrush of chainmail color on the metal parts on the walkers followed by highlighting the connections and joints with bright silver.  The pieces seemed to have organic parts as well which I painted the same way that I did with the pilot using a dark red crimson followed by a drybrush of dark purple then a lighter pink.  I then highlighted the creature with tentacle pink and gave it a squid photophorus pattern by running lines across the top of the body and the tentacles in various shades of pink and flesh color.




5 comments:

  1. I did not paint that warmachine in the back but I will be repainting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what no credit for your VSF comrade in arms in facilitating your purchase of these new parroom machines via cell phone at the Cold wars convention :-(>>>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good there. I had never thought of using the Parhoom tripod for 15mm. They always seemed too small for 25/28mm but they would be chunky in 15mm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very 'cool' for lack of a better word, nice work...

    ReplyDelete