Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Victorian Science Fiction Hit List

What is VSF?  Clockwork robots, machines, alien tripods, Martian flying craft, Colonial powers battling it out on distant and sometimes deadly planets.  A few of you have asked me over the past few months what I am interested in and what I am looking for to complete my Victorian/Edwardian Science Fiction enterprise.  Since my tastes vary and I believe that an entire race might make multiple variations of a vehicle or war machine it is my intention to build up a good number of different models to represent the various forces in the setting for When the Navy Walked.  I have built up a wish list that includes several variations of tripods, war machines, steam tanks and alien menaces including cephalopods and grays.  Below you will find a list by the product description and then the number of figures in a pack, the number of packs I want for WtNW.  If nothing else this list serves as a 'project to-do' list for 2010 for me.  I have included pictures of various miniatures but if the manufactures wish for me to remove them from my blog I will do so.  In addition, I have included a link to their sites as a courtesy to them and to you in case you want some of these nifty machines yourself.  Most of these can be found on the now famous Frothers Unite site.  Enjoy!



Name
Scale
# in Pack
# of  Packs
# of Figures
Site
Alien Tripod (Large)
1
3
3
Alien Tripod (Small)
1
3
3
Cephalod Infantry w/ Gun
18mm
3
4
12
Cephalod Infantry w/Heat Ray
18mm
2
4
8
British Cavor-Smythe Steam Walker
18mm
1
1
1
Martian Cephalod Tripod
18mm
1
1
1
British Light Steam Hovertank
18mm
1
1
1
British Heavy Steam Hovertank
18mm
1
1
1
Light Steam Hovertank wheels
18mm
1
1
1
Heavy Steam Hovertank wheels
18mm
1
1
1
Imperial Martian Two-Man Flyer
18mm
1
2
2
Steam Tank Conversion Kit
18mm
1
2
2
Grey Landing Party w UFO
15mm
12
2
24
Grey Alien Soldiers
15mm
10
2
20
Small Scout Steam Tank
28mm
1
1
1
Armored Steam Carriage
28mm
1
1
1
Medium Steam Tank
28mm
1
1
1
3 Wheeled Armored Car
28mm
1
1
1
4 Wheeled Armored Car
28mm
1
1
1
Personal Walker  w/Ray Projector
28mm
1
1
1
Personal Walker w/Smoke Machine
28mm
1
1
1
Brood Mother & Broodlings (8)
28mm
9
2
18
American Mechnified Infantry Suit
28mm
1
1
1

















3 comments:

  1. Cool post. Heck, I'm amazed at your ability to get a servicible table put into a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah me too you gotta share how you do it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I created it in excel in the smallest font available and then shrunk down the columns as small as they would go.

    ReplyDelete