Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Update on WtNW and Looking for VSF Artist

Most of you know that I am working on a Victorian/Edwardian Science Fiction miniatures game.  This game is already quite rich in history.  So far we have playtested the game a few times and I’ve been busy making changes to the overall rules. It is looking like it is going to be a lot of great fun!  I believe that I have a nice setup here with this albeit in a very small market of gamers who like VSF.  I am also going to be making a role playing game using the same history from the miniature game.  The book is currently about 50 pages and it is my plan to release about one book every three to six months.  Note that the titles of these books and the specific release dates may change.  All of these will be available from Wargame Vault.com as pdfs and soon print on demand. When the Navy Walked on Rorke’s Drift (freebie), When the Navy Walked Core Book, Army Book – The Great Powers, Scenario Book – The Conquest of Africa, Scenario Book – The Conquest of Asia, Army Book – Atlantians and Skypirates, Army Book – The Inner Earth, Scenario Book – Explorations of the Inner Earth, Scenario Book – Skypirates, Scenario Book- The Great War, Army Book – Airships and Tripods, Army Book – Martians, Venusians and the Grays..etc.

I am also looking for an artist who enjoys this kind of setting.  At first I may pay for specific pieces but I’d like to setup some kind of royalty agreement.  If you are interested in drawing for a game with a rich history set in a world of steam and intrigue send me your portfolio to cronickain@gmail.com and we can discuss.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds very exciting!
    Very keen to see how this develops - a pity I'm a hopeless artist!
    If you need a proof reader........ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds substantial. Eli Arndt has been churning out the interesting art lately, is he not interested in the period? I could imagine him having fun with big Victorian moustaches and muttonchops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He asked me to work on it. I tried to do some mechanical designs and found the era a bit outside my ability. I simply don't have a loto f experience drawing VSF tech.

    I am still on board to maybe do some illustrations of troops and people, though I may have to put in some research.

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete