Friday, February 26, 2010

Colonial Painting

I met with my buddy Chris last night and picked up my half and his half of our colonials.  I am going to paint up his and he is giving me the other half.  I think it is a great deal.  While we were at his house he tossed some other stuff in the box, mostly zulus and french foreign legion.  I got a bunch of brits and egyptians out of the deal.  I will start to post pictures soon as I begin to work on them all. There are probably over 400 of the buggers.

5 comments:

  1. Remember to look for Egyptians in short trousers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I will Eli but the barefooted ones are proving hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to settle for short pants and just paint their shoes like feet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I thought you said you got FIW colonials not 19th Century Colonials - I have some FFL machines guns - what scale and manufactuers did Chris give you Capt McAdams. Whats the breakdown of figures, need any help painting them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is 15mm Egyptians and British for the Boer war along with a good number of field pieces and Native Natal Contengent. I am sure there are about 300 figures between those for me. I am painting up about 100 gurkas, 200 zulus and 50 french foreign legion for him along with some 100 arabs. It will take a while to paint but no thanks I am painting them for the freebies.

    ReplyDelete