Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bunkers and Tunnel Complexes Build Pt I

So I came across this idea to make bunkers using twigs and rocks and pieces of lichen and a blister pack. First I went out into my yard and picked up a bunch of twigs. These were then glued to an ordinary blister pack. I left some places open on the pack where I expected to glue the lichen directly to the package. Once the sticks were dried I then put some stones and some of the lichen. After the stones and lichen was placed I put more of the sticks up front to make an opening for the bunkers where the machine gunners would go. I made three of these and really like the results.








In both FNG and Ambush Valley I use tunnel complexes. I used to use a marked up rock or piece of terrain but after seeing some people's really neat ideas over on the AA Forums and on Fields of Fire I decided to make some of my own. These are the Mage Knight bases which I had previously cut the steam golems off for my 15mm VSF and a standard ACW 1x1 inch litko base held up by a piece of model sprue. The other two I decided to leave closed but I wanted to give them the impression of depth so they were glued to a penny.


I will go back over these and score the bases to give them the strips of board look and paint them and put some lichen around them. In addition, I will be giving each a number as the hotspots in Ambush Valley are the tunnel spots used by the Vietcong and NVA.

What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. I like the use of natural materials. I use them in my terrain as well. I have never been able to use moss all that well. I tend use the clump foliage from Woodland Scenics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea: simple, fast, and affective terrain-structure.

    ReplyDelete